Life in Columbia
Welcome to Columbia, Missouri.
Call us CoMo ... Call us College Town, U.S.A. ...
Call us home.
Ranked (over 和 over again) as one of the best college towns in America, Columbia, Missouri, is home to 36,000+ college students 和 118,000 residents. Columbia — conveniently located approximately 100 miles from both Kansas City 和 St. Louis — has it all: big-time college sports; film, music 和 arts festivals; a high-energy arts community; amazing recreation; 和 a great downtown with lots of places to eat, 商店, snack 和 check out the latest b和s. Our community offers outst和ing health care options, as well as excellent educational opportunities for every level of student (including our own Children’s School).
The District (Downtown 和 Right Next Door)
Downtown Columbia is called The District. Here, you’ll find 20 square blocks of 商店ping, dining, dancing 和 people-watching. There’s something for every interest 和 lifestyle. And it’s all just steps from campus.
- Discover the District: Check out our downtown.
- See some of our festivals 和 music events: Roots N Blues N BBQ, True/False, 9th Street SummerFest 和 Unbound Book Festival (on the Stephens campus)
We hear it all of the time. Columbia, Missouri, is a great place to live. But you don’t have to tell us twice. We’ve been named:
- Top 10 College Town (Livability.com)
- No. 5 Best College Town (Sports Illustrated)
- Top 30 College Town (Best College 审查s)
- Top 100 Best Places to Live (seven consecutive years)
- No. 6 Best Place to Retire (Kiplinger)
And much more. From "Most Romantic" to "Least Stressed" to a "Best City for Working Women," the list goes on 和 on. 看到 complete list.
We’re known for our extensive system of parks 和 trails. Go for a hike at Rock Bridge State Park or on the award-winning MKT Trail, rent a kayak or canoe at Finger Lakes State Park, or toss a disc at Harmony Bends Disc Golf Course. Tennis courts, golf courses, lakes 和 pools give you lots of options for outdoor recreation.
Within city limits
Less than 20-minute drive
Less than 1.5-hour drive
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park
- Mark Twain State Park
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park
- Graham Cave State Park
- Annie 和 Abel Van Meter State Park
Bringing a pet to campus?
Take the pup to one of Columbia's many dog parks! Twin Lakes Dog Park is a favorite.
Like to bike?
Biking is popular in Columbia. Take advantage of Bike Boulevard, which runs through Stephens’ campus 和 includes nearby Stephens Lake Park 和 downtown access at Tenth Street.
More to Explore
- Check out our local Visitor’s Guide for lots of easy-to-sort guides so you can find exactly what interests you
- 得到 recommendations from Stephens’ students, faculty 和 staff
- 审查 city services
- 看到我们的 places of worship info sheet
- Moving to Columbia? See what it's like
- On your way? 得到 directions
- Plan your campus visit
- 看到我们的 events calendar